It has been an amazing week at M6, with another exciting week ahead of us. As mentioned in last week’s Word, we are busy exploring kindness. Part of that conversation involves understanding the power that comes from serving others. Research shows that serving others has several important benefits such as, more personal happiness, reduction in stress, and a longer lifespan.
Our first lesson revolves around reaching beyond our community and helping a Texas school district devastated by Harvey. Magnolia ISD is involved in supporting Little Cypress-Mauriceville in Orange, Texas as they rebuild their community. At M6 we are supporting the district with a “change challenge.” We are encouraging students to give up a slushy, dig in the couch cushions, scour the laundry room and bring in their change! We are upping the ante just a bit by making it a challenge between 5th period classrooms. All the monies we raise will be donated to Little Cypress-Mauriceville. We hope through serving others our students will also find they discover more about themselves!
Dates to keep in mind,
- Progress reports went home on Monday the 9th with students.
- Week of October 16th-20th-district common assessment testing
- End of the nine weeks is October 20th
- October 23th- student holiday
- Week of October 24th-27th is drug awareness week. Daily activities are planned.
Other things to keep you in the know,
- We will be adding all teachers’ tutorial times to our web page. This should be completed by next Friday.
- Due to buses being at capacity, students may only ride their home bus. We cannot, at this time, approve students riding buses home with other students.
- With progress reports coming home, some may have questions. Please contact your child’s teachers or Mrs Etter, our academic coordinator. Her email is email@example.com
- We know that sometimes life happens and families need a little extra support. Should your family circumstances change and you need assistance with lunch, you may go
on- line to our web page to find information. You will go under the student and parent
tab, utilize the drop down tab, and a pop up box will come up on the right, where you will select free and reduced. You may then fill the form out online.
As always, I am so appreciative of the opportunity to serve the students at M6. To be able to spend time with the young people who make up the student body at M6 gives me reason to know that I am blessed.